Cardiology Fiesta 2018 is celebrating our 21st year! Led by our renowned multi-disciplinary Faculty, Cardiology Fiesta will utilize an interactive format, focused on improving patient care to provide timely updates of scientific data, new technology and guidelines. The case-based presentations representing real world case scenarios will enhance and illustrate opportunities for improving care of patients. Topical reviews will provide up-to-date information regarding how to achieve best outcomes. Using case-based examples and interactive audience response systems, the attendee will be incorporated into the decision-making process for specific disease states. Clinical scenarios will be presented demonstrating patient focused benefits for the clinician to use in making clinical care choices.
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
• Evaluate the emerging information regarding the human genotype and cardiovascular disease.
• Review the new appropriate use guidelines and emerging concepts in treating specific patient populations who have palpitations or need anticoagulation.
• Contrast and compare emerging non-statin treatment strategies for reducing atherosclerosis.
• Review optimal treatment strategies for patients at risk of failure.
• Identify interventional techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and decreasing the risk of systemic embolization including medication and devices.
• Integrate the roles of transcatheter and surgical therapies in patients with complex valvular heart disease.
• Recognize the strategies for treating STEMI including improving return of spontaneous circulation.
• Describe treatment strategies for the management of complex peripheral vascular disease.
• Understand the current indications and outcomes of endovascular therapies of thoracic and abdominal aorta disease.
• Review the emerging indications for treating pulmonary embolism.
The 2018 Cardiology Fiesta Symposium has been designed to meet the educational needs of:
• Interventional Cardiologists who wish to learn about new and emerging interventional techniques.
• Non-Invasive Cardiologists and Physicians who manage patients with complex cardiovascular conditions.
• Physicians, including OB-GYN, who focus on care for women with heart disease.
• Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Intensive Care Nurses and Catheterization Laboratory Personnel who wish to learn more about patient evaluation and care.
• General Practice Physicians who wish to improve their care of patients with cardiovascular disease.
• Cardiothoracic Surgeons and cardiac anesthesiologist who routinely work with cardiologists in managing complex patients.